Nebie La Scala questions

Keta

----------------

On 3/1/2005 3:32:51 PM Dylanl wrote:

J.4, tell me what you think after you do the rope caulk mod. One thing you will notice is that the horn if it is metal will ring when tapped with your finger or anything else. Once the caulk is applied that ringing is completly gone. I feel so far this is the best mod. I have made for the price.
9.gif

----------------

OK dumb question, did you tap your horn and produce the ring while it was in your speaker or did you pull it out? I do have a slightly edgy sound, to a degree, comming for my squawkers. I know my horn is metal but I dont get the ring you are speaking of or at least I cannot hear it.

I also strongly endorse the rope caulk on the horns. Simple, cheap and reversible if for some reason you don't like it. Rope caulk damping is the only tweak I've done on my Scalas, other than the aforementioned crossover rebuild. You can get rope caulk at any Homey D's or Lowes store (in weatherstrip dept, most common use is in installing windows). Although PWK said there is no ringing he could identify, I heard a strong difference after applying the caulk. Do a search and you will find step by step and photos showing what it looks like... Oh, FWIW I also thought the speakers sounded better when I put some heavy slabs of marble on top of 'em...

Chris L

Austin, Texas