RW-12 vs RSW-12

D-Rex

----------------

On 3/9/2005 4:14:10 AM filmguy wrote:

hi d

if u dont mind my asking how much did u pay for the RW and the RSW?

----------------

No, I don't mind... I paid $415 for the RW-12 and $790 for the RSW-12. I bought them both from the same person closing out overstock out of Arizona. The RW was one of 10 he had for sale while the RSW was one of two. These were some of the best deals I had found so I took them both knowing that I would sell one later and probably only lose the cost of shipping, about $30.

Take care,

D

----------------

On 3/8/2005 10:19:43 PM Blackmesa wrote:

I think this thread is great. Too many of you boost about your beloved RWS's and give little credit to the younger RW line. The fact is the RW's are a lot more economical and use virtually the same components (expect for amplification and port rather than passive radiator) as the RSW's. At least one person can not justify the difference of twice the price for the RSW.

----------------

with music, i can tell a big difference

----------------

On 3/9/2005 9:35:13 AM Bloodlustt wrote:

Ok thanks D-Rex. If i may ask, do you listen to music with your RW12 or do you just use it for movies? If you use it for music what type of music do you listen to and how does it perform?

----------------

Yes, I have used the RW for music and I think it performs well, but, once again, the RSW fills the room with a more seemless, smoother sound. It is better for music and for movies but the RW-12 certainly does an admirable job for half the price! I would say I am 75% movies and 25% music but the music % is growing each day...

I have been listening to many different kinds of music. I mostly scan the tuner for classic rock, alternative rock, and soft rock. I don't go much after the Crue or other harder rock bands. It is real hard for me to be specific because I listen to and like so many different styles. I know I can't turn the radio when Fleetwood Mac/ Stevie Nicks comes on. Whether it be Reggae from Marley or floating down a river with CCR I like to listen to it. Boston, the Stones, Pink Floyd, Paul Simon/Simon and Garfunkle, etc. I like many of the modern soft rock bands like Smash Mouth, MatchBox 20, and many more that I forget. I also listen to Country music like Garth and Tim McGraw. I don't know if this provides you any insight into how I am utilizing the subs but they wil get a diverse workout.

Once again, on the performance, I can tell a difference between the two subs, mostly with music, and the RSW does out perform the RW. Maybe it's a puffy port noise or maybe it's a slight boominess that makes the RW not quite as stellar as the RSW but my gosh it's half the price!

I must say my wife has informed me that we should keep the RSW. She sid I just had it turned up too high causing her head to thump excessively. But, after it was turned down she liked the bass it produced, mostly with her music (she is a Foreigner/Bad Company type girl with a little Sheryl Crow mixed in.) Anyway, if it were my decision, I wouldn't hesitate to keep the RW-12 over the RSW. As a matter of fact, that's what I was going to do before my wife trumped me...

Take care,

D

hi d

since u r in the mood for testing out yr subs, i was wondering if you'd measured the frequency response (particularly the RW's)? especially how low it goes before it starts distorting badly. wld really love to know and it'd help me alot..

thanx man 1.gif

----------------

On 3/10/2005 9:46:37 AM filmguy wrote:

hi d

since u r in the mood for testing out yr subs, i was wondering if you'd measured the frequency response (particularly the RW's)? especially how low it goes before it starts distorting badly. wld really love to know and it'd help me alot..

thanx man
1.gif

----------------

No, sorry, I don't have anything to measure the FR.

Later,

D