My 4.1 system is dead?!?!? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDrury5

Okay. so i have a 4.1 system, about 4 years old now. The other day i turn the power bar that i plug all my electronics into (including my klipsch system) off. When i turned it back on, the red light on the main speaker did not come on. When i pushed the on button there was no sound or anything. i checked all the wires and everything looks cool... Did i blow a fuse or something? is there even a fuse in the system? is it dead? anyone have ANY idea? cuz i dont. thankssssssssssss woot woot

It seems kind of strange that so many 4.1s are failing now. Mine failed a few weeks ago with the same problem. In fact I've got a couple of posting up detailing what I've been looking at to trouble shoot my problem.

As for your pictures, they are nice pictures but I think you have been mistake at where the source of the problem is. When my 4.1s failed, I took my back panel off of the sub and noticed that the two heatsinks on the fuse side was extremely hot. That leads me to believe that maybe one of the power transistors have blown causing a dead short. Since all of the boards originated with Indigo (they made BASH), I've e-mailed them for help. Hopefully, they can shed some light on the subject.

• 1 month later...

To tell you the truth the amp is not fine. I thought is was to until further inspection then I noticed that the whole power section was messed up, mainly the " bash card "almost all the tracing were brned off due to overheating.I sent to klipsch and delt with there "great" customer service and went throught more headache. Finally I got things sorted out and got the amp back ( only took them 3 weeks). What I found funny is that I sent my amp in for "repair", they wound up sending me a brand new amp as well as a new control pod. Now everything works great. So end the end I'm happy.