More Craigslist Cornwalls!

fini

The guy's crazy; he should be advertising in the LA craigslist with those prices.

My experience has shown that a lot of audio and automobile prices in the Bay Area craigslist has been pretty reasonable. I have seen a lot of good "deals" listed. The LA craigslist has been a different experience; those guys think they're on Ebay. You know the type. Somebody selling that long-lost Scripto Eraseable pen you used to use in 3rd grade, complete with chewed-up cap and a Buy-It-Now of only $1,000,000.00

LOL

Seriously though, I don't recall seeing too many "deals" in the LA craigslist.

San Diego's craigslist swings both ways - some good; some bad. I got my 1990s La Scalas - in excellent condition - for $300 each here in San Diego and my wife has picked up a lot of toys and things for the kids at next-to-nothing prices. A big, talking, stuffed Barney doll that she paid $5 for here was advertised for $15 in LA. And the one in LA looked pretty worn too.

Bay area craigslist has offered several Fortes in the $400 range and several Heresys in the $350-$375 range. Those are excellent prices.

In short, I typically shy away from the LA craigslist and surf the SD and SF ones instead. If a big-ticket item with a good price pops up in SF (like $1000 Khorns or $475 Cornwalls I'll make the 7 hour drive up there. It's practically a straight line and is a pretty easy drive. The speed limit's 70mph for most of the way so you legally cruise at a good clip (75-80), without drawing undue attention from the CHP.

The only part that's headache-causing is going through, yep, you guessed it - LA.

LOL

-H2G