KP-301 and KP-3002 for CC W/ K-Horns

I'd say the KP-3002 would be a closer match to the chorus II (both of them share the same woofer and a similar midrange). Those prices you listed are insanely good deals and these speakers are amazing for PA use. I've managed to mix outdoor concerts with a single pair of 3002's and they can still sound amazing in an 8x12x20 room.

I wouldn't recommend them for use at home though...

The 301 is a square cabinet versus the trapezoidal shape of the 3002. They're about the same size though (I'd say the 3002 is slightly bigger if anything). The 301 is also a 3 way design with a horn loaded tweeter and horn loaded mid. The 3002 is a 2 way design with a single horn top end. Both speakers use the same K-48 driver (the "pro" version has higher power handling with a higher LF cutoff in camparison to the "home" versions). The 3002 has a higher continuous output at I believe 131dB versus the 125dB of the 301, but don't quote me on that.

Btw, my information about the 301 came off the website (did a product search for the 301). Klipsch has never provided info for the 3002 on the website, but of all the systems I've worked with, I have the most experience with the 3002. I might add that they are my favorite sounding as well. 1.gif (and I've even mixed on all sorts of more expensive systems)

As far as matching with a k-horn...they have a completely different timbre. Though I've only heard khorns once at Artto's place, the difference is great enough that I would personally never consider using the two together. There's a few here that will disagree with me, but I think the pro gear sounds way different than home gear. Most of it has to do with the fact that pro is after projecting the sound and having a lot of power handling. Home is more after a smooth frequency response and very smooth coverage patterns.

Anyways, the two speakers have absolutely nothing in common apart from the fact that they're klipsch, and the 302 and the khorn are both 3 ways...the khorn has horn loaded bass as well...that 48 driver is definetly working up into the 1kHz region...

Nevertheless, this is just my opinion and my experiences. If possible, you should see if you can't demo the speakers and then find out for yourself if they match well enough for your tastes. 2.gif