Can I replace the wires on my v2.400s?

Union0015

Like the subject says. The standard wires are a little thin and not quite long enough, so are there any speaker wires out there that are stronger and will work with the ProMedias? Thanks Smile.gif

------------------

Andrew

I love being able to blast my ProMedia's over my roommate's music :D

yes, that is very easy, go get some say 14-18 guage (lower the better) wire and get some solderless connecters, four if you want to redo all your wiring. you should also get better sound. when you go to radio shack ask them if they coudl show you how to do it, they will probably do it for you, they did for me.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or Instant Message Amy and if all else fails, pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

I beat DBvader to 700 posts!

• 1 month later...

Good idea Justin,the Rat Shack guys will help(read do the work for ya).

Just buy a good quality gold plated 1/8 inch mono conectors and get some 14 guage Rat Shack speaker wire.

The better gold plated 1/8" jacks have the space to let pass the 14 guage wire thru the back.

12 or 10 guage is simple overkill,it will only look funny with the Promedias.Polarity is not an issue here since the other end is bare wire.You can always reverse the polarity.I would still check the polarity and make sure the colored wire is the positive one.

As for sound quality...ahem its more "IMAGINARY" then a real sound quality bump.Yes the thicker wires are better,is it worth it?Why not you can always brag about having ProMedia SE edition! LOL

I sure do used Ultralink with the Quintets,was it worth it ...to me yes.

TheEAR(s) Now theears