Wall plates ?

merkin

Do you use wall plates with the connectors or do you run the wire continous to the speaker. If you run the in-wall speaker wire directly to the speaker you eliminate a connection, but is there an aesthetically elegant way to do this? Also is there any advantage using wire ends at the receiver or speakers if the braided strands fit the terminals anyway? I'm using 12 gauge speaker wire from Lowes and I haven't had anyproblems connecting it directly to my receiver and speaker terminals.

Thanks

Keith

TO keep everythig neat and hidden, the wall plate approach is preferred. I would not want to buy a place UNLESS it was pre-wired using connection plates, or not wired at all. For example, the house I have was already wired for cable tv by an idiot (no, not me!). That is a detractor from a sales standpoint.

Also, consider it a bonus selling point when you sell the house in that its already wired for audio and uses plate connectors for a neat touch.

DM