Cornwall Lover - with a slight problem

Gump

This forum is great! Too bad I hadn't noticed it on earlier visits to the Klipsch web site.

I finally found the year of my Cornwalls last night thanks to you guys - 1979. I have been totally happy with them ever since I bought them 10 years ago (from Dexter the cab driver).

Forgive me if this stuff has already been answered, but I want to ask some questions/solicit opinions:

1) Which Klpisch center would be the best match for my pair of Cornwall 1s?

2) I occasionally encounter a problem with one of my Cornwalls that I have determined is definitely something to do with the speaker/crossover and not the amplifier. I'll turn it on and start playing something only to discover that the tweeter is completely not working. The fix, even thought this may sound weird, is to "jolt" the tweeter into working by cranking up the volume to a fairly loud level for just a split second. You can hear the tweeter kick in and everything is fine until the next time it happens (usually at the beginning of a different listening session). Is this a crossover problem or a driver problem? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Gump

Give Trey a call,1-800-554-7724(Klipsch)press 6.

Sounds like the connection on the network,but I'm just guessing.Unscrew them and clean them,the ones from the speakers to the network.Like I said,just guessing.Or it might be the tiny wires in the tweeter diaphragm or the diaphragm itself.Replaceable

A Heresy I would do nicely as a center

Thanks, Steve P. The Heresey makes great sense - never really thought about it. It's almost like a mini Cornwall anyway. Looks like it'll even fit on top of my TV. Now, I'll I need is one in walnut...

Probably will give Trey a call. I was in the speaker last night (doing the caulking cord thing) and checked, cleaned and tightened all the connections to the crossover, so you're probably right about it being the tweeter itself.