Marantz SR-7500 vs Onkyo SR702

tigger1874

Hello everyone....Just wondering if I can get some feed back as to which receiver would better complement my new set of speakers....Both seemed to be priced in the same range.....This is the speaker set up I will be running:

Klipsch RF-35 Floors

Klipsch RS-35 Center channel

Klipsch RS-35 Bi Polar Surrounds

Velodyne 12" 400 Watt Sub

I Have the Toshiba 57" Wide Screen with the Bell HD Satelitte Receiver.

I am a music buff and want the music to sound great...I am also a movie buff so I want my surround system to sound just as great. I would appreciate any input, feedback or opinions on these two receivers from people who have them...I am leaning towards the Marantz, but not sure if it is powerful enough to run these speakers....I would appreciate any feedback from owners of these receivers..or just opinions or suggestions

....Thx in advance...Tiger

I love my Onkyo, but not for music. Cant speak for Marantz on music. You will probably get many suggestions on this forum to try Denon or Harman Kardon for a warmer sound with Klipsch. I recently got a Niles A/B source switcher so now I use my Onkyo for HT, and switch to the old HK 730 2-channel for music using the same main speakers. If you do find a receiver that does HT and music both really well, I'll buy it.

I have the SR7500 paired with thr RB25 system. This receiver is great. It sounds great for both music and movies. My Klipsch dealer was big on HK, but I was able to demo the Marantz at another Klipsh dealer. The 3 year parts/labor warranty made me fell better about the purchase too. My local Marantz dealer let me have it for $940.00 Good luck....