Need some "Techno" recommendations

Seadog

This Saturday night we're hosting a party for a couple getting married (both in their early 40s). There will be a diverse group and I would like to be able to offer a little of everything music wise, but I have absolutely zero "techno" music.

Can someone recommend a couple of easy-to-find (at Best Buy or Target) techno CDs that will work well at a party. I've heard some cool sounding techno stuff in movies, but I have no idea of what artists would be good. Thanks!

Some very popular mainstream techno artists that are easy and fun to listen to, without too much druggie-induced funkadelic acidtrip hooks are:

ATB (probably The most famous)

The Chemical Brothers (Ok, maybe these guys actually)

Faithless (Brit techno pop)

DJ Tiesto

Medeski Martin Wood

Air

Alpinestars

And if you're a little more adventurous, as in you want something a little deeper and more complex than your standard 18+ dance club fare, you could try, although I doubt a mainstream chainstore would carry these, are:

M83

Mogwai

RJ-D2

DJ Shadow

Good luck, and happy hunting.

THere's our man on the left bank!

How bout if I WANT 'druggie-induced funkadelic acidtrip hooks'?

I've heard some 'acid jazz' played out at believe it or not wedding receptions, any recommendations there? I Love Miles Davis Doo Bop, if that's any help.

Michael

"Some very popular mainstream techno artists that are easy and fun to listen to, without too much druggie-induced funkadelic acidtrip hooks"

Nicholtl,

That sounds like what I'm looking for LOL! I'll try to stop at BB on the way home from work this evening.

Thanks,

David

----------------

On 3/30/2005 2:27:31 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

THere's our man on the left bank!

How bout if I WANT 'druggie-induced funkadelic acidtrip hooks'?

I've heard some 'acid jazz' played out at believe it or not wedding receptions, any recommendations there? I Love Miles Davis Doo Bop, if that's any help.

Michael

----------------

Acid Jazz??? That's easy.....

"Liquid Soul" baby. Not too many do it better than those guys. Ask Trey and the guys at Klipsch.1.gif

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

nicholtl,

Taking your advice, I picked up the Faithless "No Roots" CD, and the Tiesto "parade of the athletes" CD for our party.

My European friends from Greece and Romania were the first to notice when I switched to the techno beat. This is when the party moved from the kitchen area to the living room where the Khorns are located.

Then my friend from Romania went to his car and brought in his CD case full of Romanian dance club music. I couldn't understand a word of the lyrics, but the beat was good.

Anyway, thanks again for the techno suggestions.