Anyone else have this problem?

neildogg

maybe there is a short somewhere that is messing up the connection. check to make sure nothing is touching or covering up the metal prongs in the cord end. also, how often do you have to shove it in... is it in order just to listen or does it happen when it has been unplugged from teh sub and the next time you plug it in you really have to push.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or call Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

I beat DBvader to 700 posts!

I beat DBvader to 800 posts!**

(does not matter anymore though)

Neil,

Sounds like a dirty connector, a bad plug on the cable to the control pod or bad solder joint on the DIN jack. First I'd try some contact cleaner and clean both the jack and the plug. If that doesn't work you could try re-soldering the jack to the circuit board inside the sub.

The_Shark

quote:

Originally posted by The_Shark:

Sounds like a dirty connector ... First I'd try some contact cleaner and clean both the jack and the plug.

Hey, The_Shark -- no problem cleaning plugs, but...how the hell do you clean the JACK?

I notice that if my plugs move slightly in the sound-card jacks, I get a lot of static/popping (dirty connection) -- I'd like to clean the jacks, but what fits up in those F-plug jacks? Even better question: how do you clean the contacts on the inside of a DIN jack?

Squirrel-sized Q-Tips? Wink.gif

This message has been edited by SilverFog on 08-30-2001 at 01:40 AM

SilverFog,

There are several contact cleaners that are designed to work without the use of a cotton swab. One that I've had good luck with is DeoxIt D100L from Caig Laboratories. The 7.4 mL vial actually has a small brush in the lid simular to a nail polish container. There are aerosols available but I've never had much luck with any of those. Also with aerosols you have to be careful because some will destroy certain plastics. I think we buy Deoxit through MCM electronics. MCM has a online catalog for anyone who is interested.

The_Shark