RW-10 question

rblaha

New owner of a Home Theater and am confused on setting up and connecting the RW-10 to a Denon AVR-2805 for best results. In subwoofer setup I have the choice of LFE and LFE+Main. The back of the sub has an LFE connection and a Line In Left & Right. I have a Y adapter for the subwoofer cable but am wondering what's the best combination to use in setup and connection. And then there's the Lowpass and Phase adjustments on the back of the subwoofer?

Oh yeah, the rest of the system is RF25's front, RC25 center and RS25's rear surround. Front speakers set to large, center large, subwoofer on and surround set to small. Current Crossover Frequency is set to 80.

Sorry for my ignorance here but I've read the manuals and it's not sinking in. I'm not that savvy (yet) when it comes to this. Any help or advice on setup and connections would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum,

There is a good chance you are going to get varying opinions different from mine--Don't listen to them.9.gif Just kidding.

I would set the LFE to "LFE plus Main." On my system this helps make the right and left sound stage, more directional on action movie's low notes.

I would crossover at 80 on the receiver and "disable" the lowpass on the sub. This way you don't have to get up and change the setting on the sub (if you want to experiment with the crossover). Do the Y adapter as you are planning.

On the phase setting--If it doesn't sound right, flip it and see how it sounds.

If your bass sounds "muddy" go back to "LFE only" and see what it sounds like.

There are alot of opinions on these settings and everyone's HT room is different. Try a few and see what you like. Good Luck.

Welcome to the forum. With the Rf 25, it depends how loud you like to watch movies. I have the RF 25 and I put them as small when I watch movies. However, if you play movies at not to loud of a level, then i would set them as large. Good luck and do what sounds best to you.