Klipsch in Movies

Omega3002

I just saw the movie "Be Cool" and noticed Klipsch speakers and Aragon equipment in the background of some of the scenes. I was just wondering if Klipsch actually pays to advertise their products in movies because not many people would know what it actually is. I almost didn't catch it myself! What are your thoughts?

I was going to comment on how awful the movie is (when compared to Get Shorty, a gem of a flick) and then I saw your second comment. One of the most disappointing in years for me.

Vince Vaughn is a pisser for sure (think drunk standing on the table in the diner in Swingers - "I would never eat here." Unfortunately, all of the funny stuff was in the trailer.

I guess Travolta wanted to feel cool one more time.

Guest Joshua Ryan Hall

I'm the one who handles placing products in movies, music videos, etc. We have a company we work with in Hollywood that sends us opportunities and we send out products and work with retailers to do promotions. "Be Cool" was filmed about 15 months ago and we worked up a promotion with Best Buy to offer a FREE "Get Shorty" special edition DVD and one other MGM title when you purchase $399 or more Klipsch product. We were in the Best Buy circular and had in-store signage. We'll probably do something when the DVD comes out, too.

Other movies you may see Klipsch in this year --

The Weatherman (Nick Cage)

Vinyl

Elizabeth Town (Tom Cruise)

We also just sent product out for "40 Year Old Virgin," which takes place in a specialty audio store, and for a new Nine Inch Nails/Trent Reznor video directed by David Fincher.

We do not pay anything to be part of these films and videos, etc. We do sometimes pay for some promotional pieces, like being part of a retail circular or paying for in-store signage, but we do not pay the studios or anything like that.

What Cadillac did with "Be Cool" is an entirely different level of involvement that I assume costs well above six figures, maybe above seven figures. Our efforts in this arena are much more of an opportunity based program.

--Joshua Ryan Hall

Public Relations Manager