What amp with RF15?

udmrts

Hi, first post here.

I have recently bought a pair of RF15's. I'll use them for music and HT in a small - medium sized room . Since I have a very limited budget, I can't afford a second system for music only. So, to drive RF15's I am looking for a low powered, low cost amp. I listen to classical, jazz, blues most of the time. I chose RF15's over some other brands and bigger Klipschs because I think they are more balanced, richer in midrange and have enough bass for music to my taste. But I don't like too "laid-back" (or too smooth? mellow?)sound, I want it to be "dynamic".So I didn't go with say, KEF or B&W.

I want to improve those carachteristics of RF15 I told about. Since tey are super efficient, (96 db) they can be driven with microwatt monoblock tube amplifiers. Antique Sound Lab Wave 8 is truly a good option for me. Seller in Turkey has a few in stock, but with (not the original ones on the unit, but apparently better) Edicron brand lambs.

http://www.timpani.com.tr/pages/antique/wave.htm

With a preamp, two Wave 8's cost around 750$.

And then there is a SS amp which supposed to has tube amp quality, it costs around 500$.

http://www.rega.co.uk/html/brio.htm

http://www.stereophile.com/amplificationreviews/998rega/

Any suggestions-ideas?1.gif

Well the waves would be nice,build quality varied pretty widely on those and they are no longer made and no parts are available(I tried)the brio is a nice unit with top quality build,also you may want to consider the creek integrateds A50i,5350SE very nice units and very nuetral.good luck

A few more ideas are

Creek 4330se(40 watts dynamic and punchy amp, great value)

Rega Brio(30watts entry level, punchy and smooth sounding)

Sugden A21(25 pure class A watts, very sweet sounding)

Exposure 2010s(new entry level integrated, 100watts)

Naim Nait 5(30 watts, very lively, punchy, dynamic, sweet..)

Jolida 102b(20watts smooth tube sound, great price)

if you dont mind used you could look for an

Exposure XV(40watts, awesome rythm and timing, sweet mids)

Naim Nait 3(30watts, king of rythm and timing, bit bright)

Audio Analogue Puccini(50watts very tube like sound)

You cant go wrong with any of these amps, but if you want a punchy dynamic sound definitly check out Exposure, Naim, and Creek. They all have the classic british sound, excellent rythm, timing and dynamics with a sweet midrange and treble. I personaly use an Exposure XV with my RF-3's and it is an excellent match, just something about it that sounds very natural and right, really excellent with rock, blues and jazz.