Differences in KG5.5 and KG4.5

Yesfan70

Many eons ago I had inquired about building my own center speaker. Problem is I never got around to doing it and wound up forgetting about it, until now. The question of doing this again has somehow found it's way inside my head, so I thought I would post it and hope the ones that helped me before (which I haven't forgot) won't crucify me for it. LOL!

The only difference between then and now is, I think I'm going to go for a bookshelf version of my towers instead of a traditional horizontal center speaker. I would like to be able to use the same parts from an extra 5.5 I have.

Basically, the enclosure would be the same width and depth as the 5.5, but just shorter. About 10" shorter if I keep it front ported.

Can anyone tell me what the main differences are between the KG4.5 and KG5.5 towers? I noticed, after I took apart my speaker, that the breadboard for the crossover is the same. Is the crossovers the same, or is there something different to compensate for a speaker with two woofers instead of one? Also, what is the differences between the 4.5's k-1005-k woofer as opposed to the 5.5's k-1023-k woofer?

Could I use the parts from my extra 5.5, or would I be better off using parts from a 4.5 since that speaker uses a single woofer to begin with?

In the meantime, here's some pics of my ht in my new home I bought last year. (finally got married too). Hope you all like.

http://community.webshots.com/user/yesfan70

Again, big thank yous to those who were helping me out before iwth ideas and suggestions.1.gif