opinions on the project rm4 turntable

Had one for 3 years - upgraded the bejesus out of it - what do you want to know?

Good value for the money. Nice sound out of the box. Arm better than a standard Rega 250. Standard Cart ok for a beginer. It is also a lot more upgradable tha you might be lead to believe.

----------------

On 4/17/2005 1:03:03 PM maxg wrote:

Had one for 3 years - upgraded the bejesus out of it - what do you want to know?

Good value for the money. Nice sound out of the box. Arm better than a standard Rega 250. Standard Cart ok for a beginer. It is also a lot more upgradable tha you might be lead to believe.

----------------

well max i have a shot at one like new less than 80 hrs on it for 350.00 delivered with a dust cover and original shipping materials, wanted to know if this was a decent table worth the $$$$$, and how good it could be made to sound, i am no expert at this but have some skills, so i ask my peirs there opinions, what type upgrades would one expect to have to make thanks 10.gif Joe

edit, also has a sumiko pearl cartridge is this a good cart?, also is this a belt drive table?