Mosquito removal

Northshore

I have been studying the effects of digital and non-digital sources as it applies to a projected image. As with DVD and HDTV signals, the images are near flawless to the naked eye. However, non-digital signals have many flaws or Mosquito's which distort the image projected. I notice this more now that I have a larger display and less on a smaller screen which compresses the image. Enter the Algolith company solution to this annoyance, the Mosquito which cleans up and compresses the digital signal to provide near HD quality images from non-digital signals. This is the first component piece I have seen that does this type of magic, are there others? and if so, could you folks share your experiences?

This particular Algolith piece is promoted as "for the serious Theater enthusiast" and with this type of promotion comes the hefty price tag of $4500. (which is more than I paid for the Sony projector).

Northshore

I didn't get a chance to look up if your Soyy is DLP or LCD but when reading reviews about DLP projectors like my BenQ 8700+ I hear that those "mosquitos are referred to as "dithering". I am also trying to max out the performance of what equipment I have. After running Avia in a few weeks I am going to try some shorter component cables 6ft from the pj and a short DVI cable to see if I am getting some video noise from my 35 footer.

Also I read some specs on a new DVD player (I think Denon?) that had some filter or something for absolute blacks. Maybe my Yamaha DVD isnt cutting it.

The tweaking will begin in about 4-5 weeks when the construction of my wet bar is complete.

Good Luck

Gib