RF-3s

tranzam01

PLEASE!!!

Newbie here

Looking to build a home theater for the first time. I stummbled upon some used Klipsch RF-3s for a pretty decent price. How much would be to much. slightly used 9 out of 10

Would these speakers be ideal to base my home theater around?

or would you recommend I hold out and purchase something else?

Thanks ahead of time

It depends what you are holding out for. If it's the RF-7's wait until you find a pair at the price you can afford. Anything else would, IMHO, be comparable to the RF-3's in the Klipsch line. I use to have those as mains and enjoyed them very much--Now they are excellent side surrounds.1.gif

I think $300~$450 would be the range for a used pair... and those are really good pricese IMO. I've seen them listed for $500 in audiogon, but i'm not sure if they sell. If you were willing to spend a little more, I have my rf-35 up for sale. Drop me a pm if you're interested.

----------------

On 4/25/2005 9:26:20 PM tranzam01 wrote:

Would these speakers be ideal to base my home theater around?

or would you recommend I hold out and purchase something else?

----------------

That will depend on your ears and how serious you are about your HT system. From what i've observed in this forum, the rc-7 is a great center, which is very crucial for a stellar HT system (center channel that is). The best answer is of course, try to find a place to audition the speakers you're interested in, and see (or hear) what will suit your needs.

Mark