blown fuse on sw-15 - possibly more

khraftwerx

greetings,

i'm knew to the forum. i have a klipsch sw-15. i'm using it in my recording studio. was working fine while at a high audio level, and suddenly died. checked the fuse - it was blown, and replaced it with a radio shack fuse. the sub continuse to blow fuses about 3 seconds after powering up. any info/assistance would be appreciated...

thnx15.gif

----------------

On 5/3/2005 1:14:33 PM rhathawy wrote:

I just had my SW-15 amplifier section rebuilt by Klipsch at their facility in Arkansas. I was charged a flat fee of $240.00 and it was a six week turnaround. Sub is now working again like when it was new over 10 years ago.

----------------

That's weird. Here's a link to the thread where dmethe3 said he was getting one repaired for $120.

">CLICK HERE

Rick.

i had the same probleme on a promedia 2.1 sub.

i retried with another fuse one day later, and the sub worked again.

i don t know why. the set of promedia is still working fine now althoug it happen to me about 2 years ago.

you can test, in the worst case you will blow one fuse more.

but don t insist too much.

Hi guys,

just to jump in, I did send my amplifier only to Klipsch for a flat rate repair of $120.00. I spoke with them yesterday and it is on the way back.About a 3-4 week turnaround. I also sent the passive radiator to Orange County Speaker in CA for a recone for $49.00. Just got that back with Klipsch center cone intact. Nice job!