Nine Inch Nails: With Teeth

damonrpayne

I've listened to it multiple times. There are some really good tracks, but like you said, mediocre. I LOVE the Fragile, this is nowhere close.

There are just so many 'meh' songs and really cheesy lyrics at times 'With-a Teeth-A'. I thought the A adding died with Metallica....wait, are they still alive? 2.gif

But, there are a few good songs on it, and the last 2 songs are really cool. Also, the 5.1 mix is REALLY good. More often than not, 5.1 mixes lose their 'punch', but this one really delivers.

While this is nowhere near the quality of of his early albums, I think it's definately a step back in the right direction. I thought The Fragile was pretty bad, and in comparison, With Teeth is far better.

Hopefully he'll be back on track after another album or two.

Although it's still NIN/Reznor I find it kinda hard to compare With Teeth with the rest of his stuff. Personally I loved The Fragile, but it's just so different than With Teeth (possibly with the exception of "Right Where It Belongs"). I'll be the first to admit that With Teeth is more radio-friendly in a catchy kinda way; but that doesn't mean I'll like it less for that reason. I actually feel the opposite of what you guys think in that I like it now but I think it's appeal might wear off over time.

Strange, all the reviews I've read praised "Pretty Hate Machine" to the moon, and unanimously shot down "The Fragile" like an enemy jet over the White House. And yet I thought PHM was simply ok/alright/acceptable. Perhaps for it's time (1989), it was revolutionary. But I think "The Fragile" was a great album. I really like "Starf__kers."