buzzing with speakers OFF and unplugged?

theorist

please help! this JUST happened. i was playing my promedia 4.1 through my sb live 5.1 soundcard

and suddenly the music got really distorted. i stopped everything and noticed when the speakers are

on or EVEN off, they make this really loud hissing/buzzing sound. i disconnected them from the PC

and they still made the sound. the only way to turn the sound off was removing them from the socket.

the speakers work... except if i go anywhere near a mid-high volume... it won't GO high volume and just distorts badly instead.

i used to have no problem playing these speakers even louder than i had today...

what could be the problem?

regards

chiho

This message has been edited by theorist on 09-01-2001 at 09:54 PM

your BASH could be out. this is what it sounds like to me. I hav eheard other ppl have th smae problem and it was fixed by sending in their sub to klipscha nd klipsch fixing it or just sending thema new one. contact amy though to make sure or to get shipping info.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or call Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

I beat DBvader to 700 posts!

I beat DBvader to 800 posts!*

I beat DBvader to 900 posts**

(*does not matter anymore though)

(**ok, this is getting sad now)

Bridged Amplified Switching Hybrid amp. basically your amp.

this does not happen very oftne but i have heard of it and this seems to be the source.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or call Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

i'm just really irritated now. especially since over a year ago i've drooled over the countless great reviews about the 4.1's. i raved about them to my friends, making them all drool, vehemently argued with audiophiles about the greatness of klipch, and used up part of my college fund for these great speakers... now finally i get them and this happens... i'm so utterly depressed. now will i have to spend more money i don't have to pay for shipping to get it repaired? i still love klipsch. i just wish i didn't get stuck with the crappy end of the stick on this oneFrown.gif

ps - is it still the BASH? my sub still works though (if only barely).

This message has been edited by theorist on 09-03-2001 at 03:58 AM

it is the thing that amplifies your sound, and divides it up for each channel. it is not part of the sub speaker, just housed in the sub box.

------------------

-justin