Please clear up this Reference Series Confusion.

Underhanded Penguin

I was wondering if anybody has listened to the RB-3 speaker before and I would like to ask how it compares to the RB-5.

Also, when did these reference speakers come out?? I am confused. The RB-3 was made in 2001? But the other ones came out before that? So did the Reference series speakers that came out last year have the monster cabling inside?? Or does only the new ones that came out this year have them? Any help to clear this confusion would be greatly appreciated!

-UP

------------------

I love you Aki Ross!

This message has been edited by Underhanded Penguin on 09-03-2001 at 01:55 PM

The RB-5 has been replaced by the RB-5 II which is shipping now. It has been upgraded to the Monster Cable network among a few other upgrades. The 5 and 3 sound like siblings, but the 3's highs and mids are a little more laid back than the 5's. Also, the bass is a little different between them. I would take a listen to them side-by-side and compare for yourself and see what you think.

Jim

RF-3's, RC-3's and RS-3's are about to ship in Mk II form with Monster Cable upgrades as well as a few others. Bigger feet, attached at the factory, better packaging and in every box, a surprise. You'll see these soon. RB-3 is new within the last couple of months and is a smaller, yet completely capable version of the RB-5. RB-5 will soon come in the 3 Reference wood finishes, light Maple, medium Cherry and Jet (black) Ash.

When do you expect to see the new versions of the RF3 hit stores? In particular the Ultimate Electronics chain since they are the only Klipsch dealer here in the entire town of Boise. Any plans to do the RF3's in the different finishes? I am now offically curious to find out what the "little something extra" that will be thrown in with these guys is........

Juan

I am guessing a coupon for a "certain" type of dinner on the boys at hardrock for you buying these delicous speakers... pun intended.

------------------

Why do you like playing around with my little scope of reality?

I can feel it all start slipping away.....

See but I don't get it, don't you think maybe we can put it on credit?

I get stupified. It's all the same...