RB-75 and Omnimounts

rhathawy

I use the Omnimounts 30.0 (I think that's the model #) for wall-mounting a pair of RB 5II's. They have worked very well. I had to make some modifications to the mounting bracket so that the speaker wire could be passed to the speaker, but they look very nice. I made some other small modifications to the RB 5II's as well that would take some time to give all the details--just let me know if you have any questions.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to post this up for other that maybe looking for the same information in the future. I wanted info on how to Omnimount a pair of RB-75s. I did not want to have to drill into the box on the RB-75's to mount the Omnimount brakets. So this is what I did. On the bottom of the RB-75s are two 1/4" mounting holes. I used some 1 x 6 oak board to fashion a plate to fit on the bottom of the speaker. I mounted the oak board to the speaker via the two mounting holes using 2 torx bolts that are used in furniture assembly. I picked these up at Lowes. These are handy because they have a flat head that requires a torx driver to install. The flat head means there is no interference with the Omnimount bracket. I then attached the Omnimount bracket to the oak boards with four 5/16" x 1" lag screws with two lock washers on each screw. I added the lock washers to ensure the lag screw wouldn't penetrate the oak boards into the speaker. I bottom mounted the speaker using WBX 60 pound rated Omnimounts. Works like a charm and are solid as a rock.