I want white bookshelves for HT- what are my options?

madmaxmedia

Hi all,

I am looking to replace my front speakers (wall-mounted satellites) in my HT setup (includes a sub.) I've only just discovered that I really like the Klipsch sound, so don't know much about the lineup. My current speakers are a Velodyne 5 speaker setup, but they are way too laid back for me. It never sounds 'loud' enough, until I turn it up too much and then it's too loud...I like listening to my Promedia setup more, which is pretty sad. My HT receiver is a pretty good HK 310.

I know the KSB 1.1 came in white, but can't find much else. Are there any other speakers that I'm not aware of (new or discontinued)? I'm on a budget, so will probably be looking mainly for used equipment (here or EBay.)

I would go for bigger, but need small white mountables for WAF...

Thanks!

Steve

You may have to paint some boxes white. How good are you with a spray can? The black fabric could maybe be dyed or replaced by a similar grain white from a speaker parts supplier or even a fabric store. I know some of the quintets come in white, but maybe not big enough for your needs. Have you considered in-wall/ceiling speakers from Klipsch?

Thanks for the info. I guess painting wouldn't be too hard, neither would be finding some sheer fabric for the grill...

Does anyone know if the SB-1 is mountable?

I will also check out the in-walls, but prefer to just swap out my current mounted speakers.

the maple veneer that was available until recently in the Reference series is VERY light and would look nice with white shelves. Someone posted a nice photo of an RF5 a while back. I have RB3's and they are stunning.

I think the outdoor series was also available in white, some of them are larger like 8" two ways.

Michael