Question for Amy :)

BCompDude

Is it true that you have to let your speakers "break in" before you turn them up. Just wanted to know. I haven't turned mine past half way because of that reason, I really don't want to bust my new KICK *** speakers.cwm4.gif I have the 4.1's and wow, incredible is all I can muster to say. Lol. Keep up the good work.

This message has been edited by BCompDude on 09-04-2001 at 04:21 PM

some say know, i say yes. i broke in myu speakers, to kinda stretch out the speakers so as not to rip them. kinda like when you work out, you stretch first before going into a full sprint.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or call Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

I beat DBvader to 700 posts!

I beat DBvader to 800 posts!*

I beat DBvader to 900 posts**

(*does not matter anymore though)

(**ok, this is getting sad now)

Thats why I was hoping that Amy would just at least come by and say "yes" or "no". *shrugs* I just wanted to have someone who *knows* for sure answer the question. I hear it all over this board, with ppl having differing opinions. Amy, if you are reading this. . .a "yes" or "no" plz??? Thanks.

• Moderators

There isn't really a yes or no answer to this...it's more like a "school of thought." I've heard some engineers say, yeah, it's best to break in speakers, but then other's say it makes no difference.

The jury is still out with me. I don't have an opinion on it one way or another. I guess go ahead and do it, because it obviously can't hurt. Smile.gif

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com