There goes the budget....

nowonder

At a max budget of $750 I would say that a Dayton Titanic 15" Kit ($650+$25 in necessary accessories) is probably the biggest bang you can score.

To be honest, I have never heard an SVS sub, but I did audition many other subwoofers, including the Klipsch RSW and RW subs, some Paradigms and Sunfires, as well as the VTF-2 and VTF-3 subwoofers from HSU, and the Outlaw LFM-1 (which seemed identical in its performance to the VTF-3).

No sub under $1200 retail has come close to the performance of the 15" Titanic, in my opinion. It's not awfully deep, but in a good room it can pull a usable output all the way down to 20Hz.

I would recommend you search the subwoofer forum here for a couple of very informative threads about the Titanic.

As for the Outlaw monoblocs, they are very highly regarded, as some of the best budget amplifiers available, as are the Outlaw multichannel amps. I have never heard one myself, but I have not heard anything bad about their performance sound-wise. The only thing I heard was that the monoblocs used to have a slight hum (which appears to have been fixed in the more recent releases) that was audible, but not through the speakers, only right next to the monoblocs themselves.

Well, when I first read about DIY subs, I was scared off. My woodworking skills aren't up to the task.

But, in the interest of knowledge, I did google the titanic... Imagine my surprise that it came with a cabinet,

and was really just a bolt-togther deal. Verrrrry interesting!

My apologies for posting this in the HT forum, I didn't even realize there was a sub forum here. I am a newbie after all... :)

--nw

good day all

welcome nowonder

here are some demo options

both of these are authorized kliposch dealers

1. Main line audio & video

530 lancaster ave

Wayne Pa. 610-687-3535

2 Sound of tristate in tax free state

95"S" to first exit in del. namands rd, top of ramp left first left into shopping senter K-mart.

www.audioenvey.com

hope that this helps

let us know you make out.

peace.

yendor