Heat from the sub

HaloX

I have had my speakers for about 4 months now, and I am finally at school...living in a room without air conditioning...Anyway, I just noticed that the back of the sub if radiating heat that I find to be hotter than normal...maybe its just me freaking out...but is there a level of heat that I should be concerned with here. Its not like I can fry an egg on these or anything, but the back is hot.

Thanks,

HaloX

Yeah mine get pretty hot too.

What is it with the heat?

Is the the cheap Malaysian parts inside? What gives?

My old Harman Kardon Citation amp that puts out 200 watt per channel dont give off that much heat.

Gross profit on these speakers must be incredible.

Dont get me wrong. They sound great, but damn, should they be that hot ?? ??

------------------

What is that tiny thing in my rear view mirror?

sounds like you have never been introduced to amy. she is the tech support here and one of the best tech ppl out there. normally she posts a lot on the boards but with the massive eamils and other events that have happened in the past two to three months she has been slower with her replies, understandibly.

The heat you are talking about should be normal until it starts to make the screws so hot that you get burned. Mine are warm to hot and they work perfectly fine. I have had them a year in january. I would not worry, especially since you have no A/C which just ames the ehat more obvious. If you do not mind voiding youwarranty i can get you teh plans from someone else on this board that put a heatsink in there and fixed the problem. It will void the warranty though. There is also a cooling block you can buy that will put ice on teh sub. I saw pocs of this on the PCAbuser site i think. He used it for a computer though.

If you can, take the tempature of the sub, around 90-100* F i think is high but a normal high when you have been pushing them a while. It feels really hot but in reality it is not too too hot.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/