uneven sound

turtleslave

I have Pro media 4.1 speakers . The sound from the front speakers comes in strong but the rear are hardly audiable. I have a Dell Dimension 4100. Sound blaster Live sound card 4.1. I plugged the green cable into the green port and the other cabel into the black port. When I go to the creative software and do the speaker test the 2 front sound great but I can hardly hear the rear ones.

What do I do next? I have taken it all apart and reconnected them but this doesnt help. I have the settings on 4 speakers, the digital is off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Turtleslave

I know you probably did this but you didn't mention it. Did you mess with the surround on the control pod? Put the rear plug in the front plug on your sound card to see if it is a speaker or sound card problem. If it plays as loud or louder than the fronts were, than its a sound card problem. I've had this problem before and I don't remember how I fixed it, try setting the windows options to 4 speakers, maybe that will fix it.