LCD monitors?

wheelman

I am thinking on purchasing an LG lcd monitor. I need to look it up. I think it won an award for 2005 for best innovation. It's got 1280x1024 resolution. Also 12ms response time. I think I can get a 17 incher for 230 shipped. I noticed it says analog out plus D sub. What is D sub? It's not dvi is it? It looks sweet even the back of it has some attention to detail for the moolah.

D-sub is digital. Make sure you can connect your video card or other component to this or it is a waste of money (unless you plan on another upgrade). Also check newegg.com, they have a lot of stuff and it's usually the cheapest. Most of the specs given by manufacturers are not very exact. Sort of like THD with stereos. There are different ways of measuring things.

The most important option is, well I can't rember the name something like a refresh rate, make sure it is 16ms or faster (lower than 16). on Newegg's site it is listed with the name of the monitor, not in the specs.

Hope this helps