Drywall Almost done...

IndyKlipschFan

Paste up some pictures when you get a chance.

----------------

On 6/23/2005 11:59:09 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Yes, till they said a 4x8 sheet was 120.00. (not a typo) Oh give me a break!!! ... and the weight...

----------------

It seems to work based on increasing the mass of the division (by increasing panel density).

If a little room square footage can be sacrificed, there are other ways of achieving similar and better results through increasing the wall thickness by less than 1-1/2". It then becomes a balance of the additional labour of installing the extra components versus the additional cost of their panel.

I guess it depends where the priorities are... but I kinda like the more "proven" ways.

Rob

----------------

On 6/23/2005 2:19:37 PM formica wrote:

Paste up some pictures when you get a chance.

----------------

On 6/23/2005 11:59:09 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Yes, till they said a 4x8 sheet was 120.00. (not a typo) Oh give me a break!!! ... and the weight...

----------------

It seems to work based on increasing the mass of the division (by increasing panel density).

If a little room square footage can be sacrificed, there are other ways of achieving similar and better results through increasing the wall thickness by less than 1-1/2". It then becomes a balance of the additional labour of installing the extra components versus the additional cost of their panel.

I guess it depends where the priorities are... but I kinda like the more "proven" ways.

Rob

----------------

You touched on a good point Formica. While the initial costs looks ugly, one has to balance that with the cost of what a more traditional method would cost. I'm willing to bet that if you captured ALL of the additional labor and material costs of doing a room-within-a-room, this QuietRock stuff is not a bad solution. Let's face it, nowadays it's not the materials costs that will eat your budget, but the labor costs.

FWIW, in the show I saw this stuff, the product spokesperson was holding a db meter and standing next to an open window. Outside the building was construction going on and there was a major 4 lane road. Naturally, the meter was darn near pegged. The show host closes the window and the meter needle drops practically to zero.

Tom

Now its time for a sponge bath!

You are not kidding there either....LOL

My wife and I are scubbing the drywall stuff off of the floors...very fine sand paper where needed.... and getting it ready for whatever step number is next..oh yes..trim!! lol..

Off we go.

Rob $24,000.00 just for drywall does seem a little much though at 120.00 a 4x8 sheet. Geeze?? Proven method or not... LOL Thats not including the sealent too... OUCH!!

• 2 weeks later...

BillyJoe..I agree Way too much!!

Ok mudding all done floors should be all scraped off and clean by tomorrow... (2nd pass as we speak...It might take 3.)

Maybe were a little crazy but anything on the floors or especially the baseboards going eventually up through the carpets when if you just did like were doing now and getting it all off.... makes sense..

I will try and get drywall complete pics soon in a new thread.