Surround upgrade advice

Northshore

My current setup consist of RF 7's, an RC 7 and a RW 12 across the front, for surrounds I have RS 35's and an Atlantic Tech in-ceiling L/R center rear. The mounting of the RS's are along a short wall ear level because of the ceiling slant. My question to ponder is what could I upgrade into that would first of all, go into the same mounting position and second., be more in-line with the quality of the front channels. The RS 35's are a fine speaker, however, I also listen to a fair amount of music via the 6 channel stereo mode of the Adcom and feel the RS's could be holding back the musical experience. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

**author's note, I have performed a search on past postings and found many post on the very subject. If anyone would like to add something I would appreciate it. Sounds to me like I should look at the RB 75's if I choose to upgrade my surrounds.

depends on what your expectations are for sound, the front array is very respectable, but the rears are plainly too small, the 35's do not support the 7's at all they are a weak speaker, the rbs would be an improvement, but if you really wamt more from your 6 channel experience than you should try floor standers all the way around. the effects speakers do get freqs that are not supported by these tiny speakers, so thier seems to be a void in the rear, but a person really does not know or understand this until they actually connect the full range floor standers in place of the tiny rs's

Thanks for the thoughts, going into the project I had certain ideas to consider and goals to achieve. Now that I have the room fully functional I have had sufficient "seat" time to evaluate the setup I have chosen and can now make tweaks to the system. The center rear I am good with for now as it performs it's current duty, the RS's I will address in the near future. Hindsight has and always will be 20/20 and this case is no different.