Denon AVR3300 with Sunfire Cinema Grand?

getech

Hello, I have a Denon AVR3300 as my preamp and a new Cinema Grand 200x5 amp. Question is, how can I get the processor to accept not only the subwoofer output (to drive my Sunfire True Signature EQ) but to accept all inputs for each of the 5 inputs for all surround speakers? Looks like if I use the center which is shared by the sub output, then I won't be able to use my sub????

Hope this is clear and thanks for any input!!

1)The Sunfire should have its own built in power amp. I'm guessing it is a powered sub like most of today's subs are, so the only thing you should have to do is connect its RCA input to the Denon's RCA Sub output jacks. Then just connect the rest of the channels of the Denon to the Sunfire amp. L-L, R-R, C-C, and so on.

2)If you are using the sub to cover the low end of the center speaker, then just put it between the Denon and Sunfire amp. Connect the Denon's center output to the sub's input on the Sunfire sub, then from the sub's output to the Sunfire amp's center channel input. Then select "large" for the center speaker in your Denon's bass management and adjust the crossover on the sub to the desired point. All the frequencies above the crossover point of the sub should be passed on to the Sunfire amp and then on to your center channel speaker.

I would only do this if your Sunfire sub is a second sub. If it is the only sub in your system, then connect it to your receiver's sub output. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your suggestions! I actually sold my old Denon and got a TG IV + Cinema Grand 200 x 5 which makes my RF-7's come alive. Now if only I could stretch my listening room...it's 13 x 13 cube. Not the best environment for my set up. 6.gif