KSS-3 Subwoofer problem

kdenton

I have a KSS-3 set and have no sound coming from the subwoofer. I've tested my receiver (a Sony STR-DE915) with another SW and it works fine, and have tested my SW with another receiver and still get no sound. This system worked fine for about 6 months when I first got it, and just stopped for no discernible reason. I'm looking for ideas as to what to look at and, barring a solution here, I'm having a devil of a time finding someone that can work on them here in Kansas City. Suggestions?

kd, have u tried accent sound in overland park? they have a good klipsch authorized service dept. don't know about brandsmart.

or 1-800-klipsch, tech support (trey cannon).

really sounds like a broke sub, but i've never worked on 1 directly myself. good luck

Thanks, Boa. I called them, and even though they sell Klipsch, they don't want to work on anything they didn't sell. Unfortunately, I bought it in Phoenix about 3 years ago, so I'm still stuck. Do you know of anyone else that might work on them?

sorry bout that kd. they ordered new woofs for me for my cornwalls, but maybe that was just because i bot some other speaks from them. i'd try calling klipsch & ask them what to do before going to some 3rd party.

looks like they're now off warranty, bit klipsch is still very helpful w/ their products.