Used Infocus lp435Z...are they OK or no way?

billyjoe72

i have one of those sitting here, we've been very happy with it . a great beginner projecter . i'm no expert on them but once you get the zoom/focus set right it's pretty neat, after i fix my roof i was planning to permanently mount it. i did notice however it has no keystone correction and that could prove a problem ceiling mounting it. one other thing reasonably priced secondary market now 3 - 600 $$$ not bad to get your feet wet

Well it is a dlp projector and is used as a business pj.It is only a 4:3 format and has no component inputs, only composite and VGA from a pc.

I personally would buy an X1 if you are looking on the low end. But if you can afford 1200 bucks then get a infocus SP4805 it is an outstanding PJ for the money.

Here is the link to the LP435Z owners manual

http://www.infocus.com/service/lp4xx/downloads/userguides/e425-435z_ug.pdf

Good luck

Scooter

remember that bulbs can run in the $300 plus range which kind of scares me off of the used market. If I get a used one for half of new price but then have to purchase a bulb in less than a year, I ask myself if it was really worth it.

I am borrowing a Dukane this summer and the room needs to be dark but works great.