The State of the Forums Address

Guest Webmaster

Guest Webmaster

I know that there are a lot of random problems with the forums and that I've been pretty bad about reading the forums let alone responding to problems. The issue has been partially a lack of time but more than that, it's the fact that all of the programming we've been doing for the past two years is in .NET and these old forums are in Classic ASP and it is kind of a pain to go back to it and remember how to do things in Classic ASP.

To be completely honest, I dread having to deal with Classic ASP anymore and have been looking for a good .NET replacement for the forums. For a long time, there hasn't been one but I've finally found one that I like. We've had some forum members test out beta versions of that software and despite some issues (it was a beta afterall), I think the overall consensus was positive.

The next issue became how to migrate all of our member information and all of the posts to this new forum software. I didn't have enough time initially to spend learning the database structure to do this migration so it was pushed off.

I do have a little more time now and have decided to make migrating to the new forum my highest priority. Right now, I can't say for sure how long it will take, but I'm hoping to have it done by the end of July.

Anyway, I just wanted to apologize for neglecting the forums and let everyone know what was going on. I'll try to keep you all updated as I get closer to the migration.