Wwhich group will be a class act for decades?

Colin

I'd say one out of 20 bands that appear on SNL. Every time we stay up late enough to catch the featured band, I inquire of my wife if she thinks they'll still be making recordings in 20 years. Invariably, she says no. And the one out of 20 that will make it, probably already has, and is working on their 12th album.

Gov't mule. They don't have any "hits" like radio tunes. They have a huge following though. That's one band I know that will stand the test of time. Especially Warren Haynes his guitar work is great, and tone. So many people are already trying to get the Warren mods and such in their amps. He's getting right up there with the big boys when it comes to people wanting his tone. People go out and buy the overdrive pedal that he uses. Klon centaur, which go's for about 500 dollars now thanks to Warren. People who go to buy the Soldano amplifiers almost always look to see if it has the Warren Mod which is basically the top rolled off with maybe a low mid hump. Much like the Women tone of early Cream. In my opinion more of a nice deep horn like howl. I personally think Warren evolved the women tone to perfection.

• Moderators

It's so tough to say, I think. It's hard to tell what the personal relationships are between band members to know how well they'll stick out fame.

And heck, I remember reading a Time magazine article in the mid 80's that said Madonna was just a fad and Cyndi Lauper was a true artist with staying power.

Who knew.