vibrating tv screen

rich0372

lol, that's insane.

What is your TV sitting on and how much is it vibrating? One free thing you might try would be to move the subwoofer to another location in the room...the air coming out of the woofer certainly isn't enough to vibrate a TV so I'm thinking it's a mechanical transmission going through the floor. If you don't want to move the sub and the shaking isn't huge, then you might try putting a concrete tile under the subwoofer. You can get all sorts of pre-finished ones at your local hardware store so it will look nice too.

The only other thing I can think of is to try and shock mount your TV...one relatively cheap way to do this would be to cut open tennis balls, attach them to the bottom of a board and set your TV on the board. There are of course all sorts of other expensive options out there. (You might even consider getting the cement slab and then putting the balls underneathe that as well). If cosmetics are an issue you can put a scrim around the sides so that you don't see the balls underneathe just as long as the scrims don't touch the surface that the balls are resting on.

Don`t feel lonely. I have an old 32" sony tube, and I get picture distortion when I turn the system up to Reference levels(0db or higher). I have the rw-12 with rb 35 system. My sub is probably 13 to 14 feet from the screen.

I too had the same problem... I cut up an old credit card, and pushed the strips in between the plexiglass and the screen edge... It fixed my problem. Two strips on each side, and one on the top and bottom. Make sure you push them in far enough, that they are not visually unattractive.... Free, and it works...