Wireless connection for vintage Heresy speakers

timshe

I own four Heresy Speakers (1973) and I would like to hookup two of them remotely in another room on my house. I use a Denon receiver (1998) to power all of them currently. Is there away to to do this so I don't have to hardwire them? The distance is approximately 75-100 feet with two walls in between.

Thanks10.gif

Hi Timshe,

Nikola Tesla might be able to help you out. 2.gif

Seriously, if you don't want to run wire to the remote location, there aren't many options. You could broadcast to another receiver, from the Denon you already have. That would involve a small transmitter on the Denon, so send the signal to the other room where another receiver would pick up the signal and amplify it. The quality, without spending lots of money, would be marginal. Might be okay, but you still need the other equipment.

Wire is cheaper. Are you renting and can't make holes? If these are on the same floor, can you go under the house with the speaker wire? Of course, this means holes in the floor. OR, if the walls are regular wood studs with drywall, you could cut in a box (like outlets go in) and drill a hole as vertically as possible through the bottom plate to get under the house. Then the wire could be run that way. Requires a long drill bit, but it would still be cheaper and sound better.

Bruce