Unscrewing speaker stands

sjones11

I'm trying to unscrew these speaker stands that came attached with the satellites, but 2 of them were so tight that I stripped the head on the screw, so a philips screwdriver is useless now. I tried using pliers but unfortunately the orientation of the stand prevents that. Any ideas? Thanks!

-Shawn

i too did almost teh smae thing, i just gave up. go to a home improvement place and ask for a reverse drill bit, it will let you drill counter clockwise into the screw which will make the screw come out. they can tell you more, just tell them your situation. good luck!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

hey Jones: I think if there is nothing left of the head of the screw what you need is an EZ-Out. You will first have to drill a hole in the screw, then insert the ez-out, and remove that way. If you are not familiar with it, go to an auto parts store, or some place like Lowe's or Home depot and ask.Maybe even take the speaker with you; that way they can set you up with the right drill bit and ez-out. Have you tried using the correct size bit in the screwdriver? Sorry to ask, but that is often the cause of a stripped bit. You can also email me if you need more help. I am VERY close to you(T town).....mag