Surround help?

Colorist

Hello all,

I currently have a pair of Choruss for L & R and a Forte for C.

Ive been reading the forum and think I am screwed.

Here is my dilemma. For surrounds I need to use in-walls. (I know you all hate this. But I have no choice.) While my room is somewhat large (W18xL33xT11) I cant put my choice of Chorus for the surrounds. Does Klipsch make an in-wall that is sonically close to my fronts? Any help would be appreciated.

Skip

Welcome to the forum 1.gif

I have no experience with inwalls. If they can be "on walls," I can recommend the RS-7's WDST speakers 2.gif Some don't like to mix and match Klipsch interline products--I am not one of them if the alternitive is to do without. It is also easier to return them (RS-7's) if they don't work out.2.gif Good Luck.

Hello,

I do have a pair of SS.5s they do sound okay. But! The wife hates the look of the speakers on the wall. Im sure some of you hear about this. All of my gear less the Mitsubishi 65711 and the three Klipsch fronts are in a rack in the next room.

Driving it all is a Denon 5805.

For Directv I have two (2) HR10-250s

For DVD I have the Pioneer DV-37. (Yes its old but still looks nice)

Also for DVD I have Buffalo Link Theater. Does a nice job of up-converting DVDs for cheep. And great for my 1.5 Tb storage.

D-VHS JVC HM-DH30000U

Laser Disc Hmmm. Do any of you still play with them? The Pioneer CLD-1080

The Denon 5805 up-converts S-vid pretty decent.

Also zone two of the Denon feeds the master bedroom with a Sharp LC-45GD6U

Zones 3 & 4 are the kitchen and outdoors.

Skip

While in-wall speakers may not be timbre matched, they are far better than nothing. Be happy the WAF did not make you get rid of your front three. Your front three plus the subwoofer are more than 90% of the game. Keep the significant other happy IMO and go with the in-walls.

Bill