BLUE WILD ANGEL: Jimi Hendrix Live At The Isle Of Wight

wheelman

I have no idea what happened to my reveiw. Anyways it's Hendrix on dvd playing in front of 600,000 people. Eddie Kramer, Jimi's recording engineer remastered it. So if your a Hendrix fan this is a must. This just rocks!! I mean tuning up in front of everyone. Pedals picking up cb radio signals. Pops, hisses, talking to sound men while soloing you name it. It's pure rock and roll. What ever happened to adjusting your own equipment and making the magic happen yourself. You dig!

Hey Weelman, I have that DVD and you are right, it totally ROCKS! I love the neck close ups of him playing and the behind the scenes footage is really cool. People think Jimi was soo messed up that he was just led around by handlers and told when to play, like the typical strung out rock star stereotype. This film shows Jimi at the top of his game and he appears to be totally sober. Cool to see his interaction with his amps, pedals and guitar tech too.

I was in Clevland back in May at the R&R Hall of Fame and met Murray Lerner (the guy who made all of the Isle of Wight films)He was there doing a sceening and Q&A of the "WHO" footage he shot. Everyone was asking him questions about the WHO, so I couldn't get in a Jimi question. He seemed like a pretty cool cat though, I'm sure he's got great stories to tell.

Big Ears No doubt! Jimi did it all the sound men were only there so the guitar cord wouldn't get tangled up by the looks of it. You can see him telling people to raise the pa for this and that. He adjusted all his amps and pedals. Red house is one of my new demoes now. I love it how he pauses and sighs and blows air in his mouth then procedes to play his heart out. I absolutely love the Gibson flying vee he used on that song. Not very often you get to see him use that. Plus earlier in the show I think he switched for the humbucker so their wasn't so much feedback. Just a hunch not sure. He walks around stage so cool and calm like he's jamming in a bar or something. That's a cool story about you meeting the guy who did all the Isle of Wight films.

Dude, you like Gibson's right. Check out this Joe Perry Les Paul they have at my favorite old store in Austin(where I'm from). I have been staring at it all night. I hate that! They want 2400. I can't get it right now, but soon...I've have waited this long for a true LP ( I have a EPI LP) I want a special one or a one of a kind or something. I saw this one and went oh, no!

post-18031-13819268632556_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...