Crossover pics

The new crossover looks much better, and sounds better I am sure.

WRT the soldering problems, the larger the connector, the more of a heat sink it is. I used gold-plated bannana plugs on my speaker cables. I removed the plastic sleeves, put them on the wire, put the 'bannana" end in a vise grip (just tight enough to hold) and then stuff some fine gage solder into the sleeve. I then preheat the plug with a butane lighter (the Bic Aim & Flame, used for lighting gas appliances, works great) and then, while the first course of solder is molten, put the stripped wire in and then apply the solder iron, withdrawing the butane flame. I feed more solder into the side hole until the end of the wire is surrounded by molten solder. Then I remove the iron and wait a few minutes, holding the wire still. The plug will still be hot as the dickens, so wait until it's cool to slide the plastic sleeve over it or it may melt.

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing all the excellent work that Al, Dean, Bob, and now Tom (sorry if I missed anyone else) do in the design and building of their aftermarket Klipsch crossovers, plus all the testimonials from all these satisfied customers (waiting to hear Tom's review), I'm convinced that my all-original '79 Cornwall C-BRs will need new crossovers in the near future while they're safely in storage. When funds permit, I'll come a'knockin'!5.gif