e-mu 1212m help please

r.cherry

i got my e-mu 1212m about 7 weeks ago and have just now found time to install it, summer is so hectic...

the install went fine now i need to learn how to use the thing! Seems like apples and oranges to me, the sound card has no jacks that look like they will hook up to any of my stuff.

I am going to record vinyl to my hard disk eventually.

The receiver has a phono and cd jack, along with a tape1 and tape2 in and out jacks all with left and right hookups

Q: hook tt into phono jack on receiver, then tape 1 out into the analog in jack on the sound card???

Q: can i use an out (which) jack from the sound card back to my receiver to use for monitoring and general computer use (cd playing on the computer, listening to my wave files)? (use the s/pdif out with an adaptor to split back into two channels at the receiver?

any help will be appreciated

thank you

rich

Hi Rich,

Q1 - Make sure that is a phonograph input and not a headphone output!

Q2 - You don't have to split S/PDIF to get two channels. It is a digital signal path and supports multiple channels.

Edit: In re-reading your original post it does not sound like your receiver has digital inputs so the S/PDIF will NOT work with your receiver.

----------------

On 7/25/2005 2:15:48 PM scriven wrote:

Hi Rich,

Q1 - Make sure that is a phonograph input and not a headphone output!

Q2 - You don't have to split S/PDIF to get two channels. It is a digital signal path and supports multiple channels.

Edit: In re-reading your original post it does not sound like your receiver has digital inputs so the S/PDIF will NOT work with your receiver.

----------------

thank you scriven

so would i then use the analog outs back to the receiver or would it be better to try to adapt back to my crummy computer speakers?

If right now your just going to use the audio card for playback, then forget digital out, use the analog outs, unless you own a higher end DAC than what's on the e-mu (which I'd guess you dont), like a Benchmark DAC1 or an Apogee minidac.

The manual should tell you what connections are on the main and the sync card, which are balanced, which arent, etc.

You'll probably need to head down to ratshack and buy some adapters.

-Joe