Instead of 5.1 for DVD ?

MDFilms

I live in an apartment. I dont feel like spending money to get the surround sound in a box. I'd rather wait till I have a home where I can get a real setup. Will the iFi's work well for a nice sounding 2.1 system for DVD playback. Has anyone done this, and what are your thoughts.

Michael

MDFilms

----------------

On 7/29/2005 12:52:05 AM MDFilms wrote:

I live in an apartment. I dont feel like spending money to get the surround sound in a box. I'd rather wait till I have a home where I can get a real setup. Will the iFi's work well for a nice sounding 2.1 system for DVD playback. Has anyone done this, and what are your thoughts.

Michael

MDFilms

----------------

Yes, the iFi is the end all 2.1 system. IT will blow away any other 2.1 system for the PC.

oh.. it has an extra feature that allows it to work with your ipod (lol)

----------------

On 7/29/2005 12:52:05 AM MDFilms wrote:

Michael

MDFilms

----------------

This would make a good DVD playback setup because you can have the satellites quite a distance from the subwoofer for good stereo image playback. The satellites are also wall mountable so you can place them anywhere. The subwoofer is one of the cleanest sounding 8" units out there especially with LF sound effects. Should work well from a laptop or desktop if that is what your DVD playback source is.