Big Problem

sandman82

I just got some promedia 4.1's becouse i heard how good they were etc... Howerver i cant get them to work. i hooked them all up, got a Y spliter becouse my soundcard has only one output, but when i went to play some music nothing happend. I played with the switch on the controll pod, but when i push it in, the LED goed out instead of going green. Is this related to the fact that it does'nt work???? or am i doing something wrong?? Plese help me out

thanx

well, when you hit the button and it turns green that means that power is going through the system. that means sound should go through the speakers and not the headphones. make sure your control pod cord is securely pushed into the sub and make sure all the speakers are plugged into teh sub with the metal touching metal, not the rubber of the wire insulation in the holes. does the headphone output work? test your Y-adapter with something else also to make sure it is not the source of the problem. what sound card are you on?

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

Well, i checked all the plugs a couple of times, and they all seem ok, it seems like its getting power becouse the light is red untill i push the switch in, and then it goes out. The souncard i'm using is an onbord card on my motherboard. it's a VIA AC97 card... I pluged in the headphones, but could hear nothing. The Y conector does work and the soundcard also does, so i have no idea whats going on...