Unit heating up even when the speakers are turned off

glennbarn

yeah its normal. that button isn't really a power button it just a mute button, its suppose to know when to go into powersaving mode when you press it i think.

mine heats up too even when the led is red its only warm to the touch when nothing is playing.only way is to completely shut off the power by unplugging the power cord.

when i have played it for a while i can definitly touch mine with out getting burned but when i touch the screws i get a burning sensation but it doesn't burn me. i haven't had any negative effects because of it so far.

well if you want to go the extra mile just place a small household fan in the back of the sub to cool it off, the back plate was room temp with the fan. that what i did in the summer when it was freaking hot in my house, now that it has cooled down a whole lot the sub is back to sitting in the corner of my room

------------------

bass beats melody

Hey Guys, this is what I do. I have one of those Belkins Flat Pack Surge Protectors that the Monitor sits on top of. I plug the speaker power cord in Aux 1 and turn off or on as needed. I only have my speakers on when I'm listining to Music or Games, any other time, I turn it off with the Aux button. Hope this helps.

Cheers

I had the same problem with the ProMedia 2.1 I had.

The amp panel on the sub that acts as the heatsink was boiling hot after about 10 minutes of work(even in standby!).

I e-mailed Klipsch and they told me to return the unit,next day I was at the store and they changed the unit.So e-mail Klipsch first.

Unless you have no heating in the room and/or want to use the amp panel as a foot boiler! LOL

Klipsch BASH amps in proper working order do NOT become boiling.I also have a Klipsck KSW15 sun and it also uses the BASH amp and is only warm after a few hours of blasting!BASH amps run cool and dont require massive heatsinks.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

ooh yeah scary thought. ive been super careful ever since i got my pro's. i've never pushed my system, i usually don't listen to music loud unless i get the urge but loud isn't "loud" maybe 40% volume knob and 25% main and 100% wave volume.

that is a good idea though clandeggen. it certainlly works but i don't have that extra surge protector heehehhe so i have to manually unplug it every night ehehhe.

------------------

bass beats melody