iFi is now under 300 dollars!

----------------

On 8/6/2005 9:18:59 PM 007 wrote:

holy crap, thats a ****ing deal!

----------------

Just wondering if that internet vendor is a authorized dealer or not? Seems like they have a weird return policy. Call the manufacturer first and verify problem before establishing a RMA from that internet vendor. Most stores you just send it back if it is defective. Have to admit its the lowest price. But there are a number of internet vendors that you can readily trust for around $335. I have to admit not much movement now on reviews/comments or store action at several local vendors for the list priced iFi systems at $399. Mostly because few stores have them set up correctly. For example Sharper Image has them displayed without a iPod playing music? CompUSA and Circuit City have them in boxes on counters only? Some Apple stores don't have them even displayed (yet they are stocked). Amazon has the wrong technical details on the iFi speakers for weeks! And only two comments? Weird...huh? But it gets worse....notice how all these stores are promoting B$se with units out and displayed!

10.gif

post-18477-1381926907016_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is depressing, I just did my part and posted a review on Amazon.. the previous author actually said the older 2.1 THX's sounded better so I had to embarrass him. But i wrote a nice review and linked some pictures and stuff.

----------------

On 8/8/2005 3:12:31 AM 007 wrote:

Yes, it is depressing, I just did my part and posted a review on Amazon.. the previous author actually said the older 2.1 THX's sounded better so I had to embarrass him. But i wrote a nice review and linked some pictures and stuff.

----------------

Even tho I really love THX, it has no comparison to the iFi system. hehe thats acctually funny..

Those BizRate statistics gave me pause. eCOST has 22% negative feedback and only 75% positive. And that's from a pretty sizeable sample size - 75,000 reviews. Maybe it's worth the risk though, given the price. Tough call.

By comparison, Amazon.com's rating on the same site shows 2% negative feedback versus 96% positive.

----------------

On 8/9/2005 12:01:06 PM Ronan wrote:

Those BizRate statistics gave me pause. eCOST has 22% negative feedback and only 75% positive. And that's from a pretty sizeable sample size - 75,000 reviews. Maybe it's worth the risk though, given the price. Tough call.

By comparison, Amazon.com's rating on the same site shows 2% negative feedback versus 96% positive.

----------------

I like eCost's policy if you state your item is unopened when you return the item and eCost finds it open they will charge you a 50% restocking fee, Wow! 3.gif