should I upgrade? and what receiver do i buy?

carlos1226

I'm having a new house built, and they will install an all Klipsch 6-speaker system, with the following

Subw. KSW-10

Center Chan. SC-1

Front Speakers (2) SCW-2

Surround Speakers (2) SCW-1

I've attached a picture of the room's layout which is about 15x15...

I actually have two questions...

without spending too much money, should I upgrade any of the components they are giving me?

what receiver (in the $500 - $1000 range) should I buy?

------------------

Carlos

Sorry I forgot about the upgrade...

The KSW10 could be replaced by a better sub.I would at least go with a KSW15.You may also wait a bit and get a RSW10 or 12 depending on how much you want/can spend.

The sub is important in a HT system,dont skimp too much on the sub.

At the prices you can get a Denon 3801 now you could get a KSW15 or even a RSW12 for not too much money.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Actually the Outlaw products have been getting some good reviews and they continue to come out with new products. They have been on the market for a few years or more. For the price it is said that they are hard to beat. I don't think one would compare them to Bryston or B & K, but they have excellant customer service and a good product. Marrantz just came out with the 7200 which also looks like a tough unit. If you don't want 6.1 or 7.1 and you don't need Dolby Prologic II check out UBid for a Harmon Kardon 310 or 510 probably under $400 with shipping. The 320's and 520's are coming out so the old one's are getting cleared out. Logic7 surround from Lexicon on the Harmon Kardon's is pretty much the same result as Dolby Prologic II anyway. Just my two cents!

JT

If I can be serious for a minute now.

The Outlaw reciever is not expensive and sound quite good.

Since your budget Carlos is up to $1000 I would consider a Denon 3801(or 3802 if you get a deal).

The 3801 outperforms all the Yamaha inexpensive recievers.And has a much better amp!

All the Yahahas under $800 with specs like 5*100W simply cannot support this claim.The Denon 3801 has a 700VA transformer,try to match this with a inexpensive Yam.

The amp section in any reciever is very important,and Denon recievers have good integrated amps.

With Yamaha you start to get quality amplification on larger recievers.

TheEAR(s) Now theears