Forte' passive radiators

Bonzo

Just picked up a pair of Forte's. The dust caps on the passives are pushed in. I know it shouldn't affect the sound but it bugs the crap out of me. Any suggestions on how to pull them out? I am going to leave the potted plant ring alone. Got them cheap and they sound great! Currently using a Yamaha RX-777 100 watt receiver. Any help would be appreciated!

vacuum cleaner- gently..

I like Yamaha's. Have two of their HT units and a RX596 for my office. Remember that lots of lower priced receivers DO NOT have phono inputs, so check if you're into vinyl (I'm sure you are).

There are lots of fans of Denon and HK around here as well. I have some of the older HK analog dual-powered receivers and they sound great. I just prefer Yamaha features and DSP modes over Denon. Don't let anyone tell you that modern Yamaha receivers are 'bright' or 'harsh'. Just ain't so. Maybe the older ones were.

Michael

Replacing dustcaps is pretty easy. Basically you can use an X-acto knife and cut off the old one leaving about 1/4" around the perimeter. You can glue the new one on the 1/4" rim of the old dustcap. You may be able to find more complete instructions by searching the web. Others have used vacuum and pins the pull them back out, but I have never had much luck doing so.

Hey guys, thanks for the tips. I may just live with it for a while and maybe I'll forget about it?

I like my Yammy! It has a decent phono stage and an ajustable loudness that helps the low bass at lower volumes.

seriously, just take your vacuum hose attachment and move it very slowly toward the dust cap, it'll suck the dent right out of it. Remember the passive radiator is not such a 'critical' driver as the woofer. If you rip the dust cap of suck it off the speaker (I've never heard of anyone doing this!) you can get another and just glue it back on, there is no voice coil to a passive.

I too, like the variable loudness and phono stage of Yammies. I KNEW you were a vinyl man. Welcome aboard!

Michael

I have well over 400 albums from the 60's, 70's, 80's, etc. Listened to Aqualung last night through the Forte's, awesome! My old Denon table is a little the worse for wear however. It still has the old Concorde cartridge. Still works fine but I may have to invest in a newer table one day. Wish I had my old Garrard back! I was digging through my albums and found my Blue Cheer record, Vincebus Eruptum. Not in the greatest shape but still plays well. Cranking blues/rock from the "first" Heavy Metal band! Those guys could play! May have made Eddie C turn over in his grave! Is Parchment Farm the first heavy metal song?