project la scala from begining to who knows when done

thumperxes

I read this old post and wonder if the horns ever got a copper treatment. Are there any pictures out there?

Yeah, I wonder if he ever finished them. I want to see the radius edges of the horn cutouts.

Greg

the speakers are done as of a few months ago. I never coperplated the horns i tried to spray one to get an idea and it just didnt sit well with me.

As far as the radius edge around the horn i cant do that yet as much as i would like to. I used a peice of mdf with the pomele sapele pressed onto the front and stained the mdf redish brown to blend some to the face (less noticable mdf). I really want to put a solid peice there but to do the 2 speakers its like 300 to 400 dollard for the 2 solid peices. I tried to make a laminated peice withe layers of veneer but it warped to much. Im currently making a H1 cabinet that looks like a H2 with the H1 insides. i want to have this as a center instead. The original one i made is just to huge. my new heresy looks beautiful in pomele sapeli.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic